Utilising its membership of over 2000 members in Wales and supplemented by its wider enterprise networks, The Centre for Business and Social Action (CBSA) will:
- Provide taster sessions, work shadowing and job sampling within a work situation to allow young people to be better informed on employment choices
- Provide young people with 16 - 26 weeks of paid employment in the sector or industry best suited to their work aspirations
- Provide through the project partnership on-going training and mentoring to enable young people to gain relevant accredited qualifications that will enhance their employability.
- Provide all employers with dedicated support, via the Employment Liaison officer, which will facilitate their ability to offer young people a quality work placement experience.
- Support employers where possible to convert work placements into sustainable employment opportunities.
- Capture the learning from project activities to inform on policy and best practice
- provide all participants with a programme of engaging and motivating learning activities designed to build confidence, develop skills and prepare individuals for the world of work through their Learning for Life projects
- Offer Agored Cymru awards and City & Guilds as well as Essential Skills Wales qualifications.
- Work in partnership with participants to identify their learning goals and support them to achieve these.